Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Morning Brony

Good morning everypony. I'm leaving for my vacation in just a couple of hours, so i'll make this quick.

First of all, I found a really inspirational speech this morning on facebook from an admin of the Real Men Watch My Little Pony page going by the name of Sprocket:

"The fandom is jam packed with stories of how My Little Pony inspired people to get their lives together. I've been thinking about this. It's not that My Little Pony transforms bad people into good people. It doesn't. How many of us were really all that bad before ponies came into our lives? Not many. 

That's because almost everyone wants to be a good person, and tries very hard, in their own way, to be one. The real difference is that MLP makes goodness easier.

Pony is such a good feeling that you don't want it to end after 22 minutes. You want to take it with you where ever you go! I can't speak for all bronies, but I know that, for me personally, My Little Pony made goodness FUN - actually fun, because it meant that I could get that pony feel whenever I wanted.

Good deeds earn you mega badass points that make you feel turbo charged with ponyjoy, like you've got all six Elements of Harmony strapped to your person at once. There's a pride in that. A pride in "living pony." That's why MLP helps so many people to better themselves. Not because it transforms bad people into good people, or even good people into great people.

My Little Pony makes us see the greatness in ourselves. Sometimes all it takes is just a little taste of that greatness to set you on the right course.

Sometimes it starts with something as simple and as pure as a smile.

-Sprocket"

While that speech sinks in, listen to this song:


No comments:

Post a Comment